Books I read and enjoyed over vacation, in order.
- The Art Forger, B.A. Shapiro (art books always and forever)
- Astonish Me, Maggie Shipstead (officially one of my favorite writers writing today)
- The Flamethrowers, Rachel Kushner (hi book club)
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, Karen Joy Fowler (weird and wonderful)
- Sisterland, Curtis Sittenfeld (much better than expected)
- The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P., Adelle Waldman (perhaps I was too excited to read this given the hype? It was…fine)
- New York: A Novel, Edwards Rutherfurd (the best thing about this was that it was really, reall long)
- City of Thieves, David Benioff (fine)
- The Paris Architect, Charles Belfoure (cool premise, eye-roll-y characters)
- Nice, Jen Sacks (I had higher hopes for this)
Could not get through Burial Rites. Will try again later.